03 May 2011

Carlisle, Cumbria, UK Meteor? 1MAY2011

Carlisle, Cumbria, UK Meteor? 5:18 pm 1MAY2011
Hi to all out there that are interested!
At 5.18pm 1st of May, my daughter and I were walking when I at first observed something which I have never seen in the sky, at least not in broad daylight - i'm nearly 100% positive it was an asteroid.
It was pointing straight down and towards the top seem to taper into a tail and on the bottom was what appeared to be a ball. At times like these you just wish you'd taken your binoculars! But we both thought there was a ball at the end.
It was pointing down until relatively low, when it seemed to hit something and slightly veered off to the right. We both believed and agreed that it must have been the impact of hitting our atmosphere.
We live near Carlisle in Cumbria and were facing North West, approximately towards where the Solway estuary is.
I do hope this has been useful and is to all concerned. Please could you give me feedback if you get an affirmation on this, as I would like confirmation as to what we saw. I have tried to search for other reports or sightings but have found none reported.
Thanks in advance -Eileen



Anyone else witness this event? Have photos or video? Find a meteorite? If so please email your details of the meteor to LunarMeteoriteHunter@gmail.com 
Thank you!
2011 is the "Year of Green Fireballs"!

No comments: