22 November 2011

Hemsedal, Norway Meteor 21NOV2011

Hemsedal, Norway Meteor ~17:00 Local  21NOV2011
I live in Hemsedal, Norway. Yesterday around 17.00 a clock I saw a object flying over the sky. It lokked like a shooting star but it seemed to be very close to earth with a long, bright, fire looking tail. I was looking west when I saw the object. I was not looking at the sky at first, but the big "tail" took my attention. The date was 21/11 - 2011. At, 17.00 (5.00 in the afternoon, Stockholm time) After it got my attention I could look at it for about 3 seconds... So maybe all together for 5-6 seconds. It was travelig at less speed then a shooting star. What could this be? Do you have any information about this? Thank you =) Lisa N   Thank you Lisa!

Any other sighting reports? 
Please report: Date and Time of event? Location name (town,city) where you were when saw the meteor? Start and Stop location in sky? Direction of movement? Duration of Event (seconds)? Brightness ( in comparison with Venus, Moon, Sun) color, sounds? Photos? Videos? please email LunarMeteoriteHunter@gmail.com Your reports make it possible for all to check what they saw as well. Thank you! 2011 The Year of Meteors!